Can you give this greyhound a home?
All of our greyhounds are neutered, micro-chipped, vaccinated, wormed and flea-treated and come with 4 weeks’ free insurance with Petplan.
TOGETHER WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Duke has amazing Foster Carers who have worked with this quirky boy for many months to help him.
Here is what they have to say about this lovely hound.
Duke will need:
-Room for vigorous toy play indoors
-Someone at home
-Single dog home - possibly another easy going dog if experienced owner
-No small children
-Space for zooming play and full on toy play outside.
1. He doesn't kitchen surf, trained to stay at the door
2. Growls for no reason, means nothing, doesn't affect personal choices
3. Loves a tub of toys to choose from
4. Will collect shoes and bags etc in his bed but doesn't destroy their
5. Will drop things when told
6. Will walk with lots of encouragement.
7. Never done stairs, ours are very steep
8. Will join you on the sofa, loves scratches esp chest belly and ears
9. poo eating has nearly gone but might reappear with new home
10. No issues with diet, gastric or gassy
11. Improved recall. Improved focus interruption (hypnotised but pigeons in garden)
12. Good appetite and settles to routine quickly.
13. Clean and dry housetrained. Cries if he wants to go out.
14. Loves sleeping and chilling in the garden (he can stay out alone with door always open)
1. won't come in if you are inside by the door. Will easily come in if you are somewhere behind him though
2. Growls for no reason to other dogs, never to humans
3. Barks at pigeons (hence recall training)
4. Walking will never be his best activity (freezes, unsure) Hides when putting lead on
5. Terrified of men who wear all black clothing especially with hats or hoods up, even from a distance.
So many more PROS than CONS! So if you believe you can give Duke a loving home and continue to work with him to give him a life free of fear, then please give us a call on 0121 426 4810 or contact us to make an appointment to visit this quirky boy.
Share this greyhound
Greyhounds make great pets
Do greyhounds make good pets? Can they live with cats and small children? How much do they eat? Are they susceptible to specific diseases? Do they need lots of space? If you've got questions, we've probably got the answers. See our guides to everything grey!
Greyhounds as pets
Why do greyhounds make such great pets? Here's our myth busting guide to greyhounds!
Care and training
See our useful guide on how best to care for and train your greyhound(s)
Here's our guide to the most commonly asked questions about greyhounds as pets.
All our greyhounds come with four weeks FREE pet insurance for peace of mind